Assists with the planning, organizing, and maintenance of a specified hardcopy and soft copy archival collection of drawings and other documents.
Bachelor’s in Architecture/Archival Studies/Conservation Studies/Heritage Studies or any other related field. An interest in architectural archives is imperative.
0 -2 years hands on experience in arrangement and description of architectural archives
- Participate in the arrangement and description of archives, including supervision of assistants involved in the process
- Review and approve the arrangement and description of all archives before making them available for reference.
- Assist in overseeing maintenance of drawings and documents archived
- Coordinate creation and enhancement of online catalog of the collection
- Supervise conversion of data into low resolution watermarked files
- Maintain the huge repository of material and documents in an organized manner.
- Assist research students and historians in locating and collecting the required data from the archives.
- Maintain and manage log books and records of visitors and the archival documents they accessed.
- Develop safety procedures and initiatives to manage archival data, documentation and records.
- Assist the archivist in any other miscellaneous duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to execute all responsibilities of the position.
- The ability to work independently as well as in a professional setting whilst coordinating with the required staff.
- The ability to supervise the assigned team.
- Strong computer skills and the willingness to enhance computer skills relevant to the position.